Tuesday, June 9, 2009

DC and Baltimore


The Bauer's home- our amazing hosts here in Baltimore (not Jack by the way)


In front of the Mount Vernon Mansion- George Washington's home


The mansion again


Kaylee at the visitor's center with the Washingtons and their grandchildren (she fits right in, eh?)

Makaylee inspecting the grass on Federal Hill in Baltimore


Makaylee and I kicking back on Federal Hill- pretty amazing view of the city and harbor- you can see it a little bit in the background.

...by the dawn's early light.


Nicole checking out the inner harbor in Baltimore.

This is where we ate lunch- tough times.


We thought about buying this hat for our family- then whoever was in a bad mood would have to wear it for the day.


Makaylee on board the USS Constellation in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.

Some of the guns on the USS Constellation



...and some more guns.


Nicole, getting ready for a nap on the berth deck of the Constellation.

Makaylee and I below the masts and sails of the Constellation.

2 comments:

Wisners said...

The city looks beautiful. I LOVE Makaylee's crab hat... I think you should buy it!

Bill said...

Hello!

I was doing some web surfing today, looking for some information to celebrate my parents 58th Anniversary - and post it on my blog. I came by your blog by accident and was very taken by name we share; PICKARD. My name is Bill, the youngest (43) Pickard in my family (two brothers, one sister).

I live in Woodinville, Washington (northeast of Seattle by about 25 miles). There's some beautiful scenery here too, thanks for sharing for PA. Never been there myself.

I just thought I'd leave a short note acknowledging the namesake. I don't see this name around very much, and if I do, well I'm usually not directly related. The only Pickards I know are the ones I am related to.

Anyways, I send my best to you and your beautiful family. It's nice to see you spell the name correctly too....


Take care -

Bill Pickard
http://billsnewpath.blogspot.com/