Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This one is for you Uncle Jon

Yesterday Tim's younger brother Jon left for college. He is attending Cal Baptist in Riverside. My kids love there Uncle Jon, especially Carson! He will be greatly missed, but we are excited to see what God does in this new chapter of his life.
Below is a conversation Cait and I had about Jon being gone:

Cait (C): Jon left today for college.
Me (M): your right, before you were even up!
C: I am going to miss him

C: On Friday I don't have school
M: Actually, Friday you get out early and Monday you don't have school
C: Yeah, it is a holiday
M: Your right, Labor Day
C: Does that mean Uncle Jon will be home (very excited)
M (at first a little confused, and then I realized what she meant): No, Labor Day is a quick holiday and Jon just left. He won't be home until Thanksgiving
C: How long until Thanksgiving?
M: It will be after your birthday, and the baby coming
C: Ah, that's a long time, I really don't want to wait that long to see him. When do we get to visit him?
M: He just left, you can call him sometime.
C: Maybe I will tomorrow

We love you Jon and you will be missed! Oh yeah, I think we are going with Makaylee!

No comments: