Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fall Fun

The weather here has been absolutely beautiful lately! We are enjoying being outside and enjoying time with friends. We got to go to a super fun birthday party at Underwood farms at the beginning of the month. It was a fun treat as we have gone as a family but don't do the extra stuff, this time we got to do it all. The kids had a blast!
With some friends on a real wagon ride, horse and all

A tractor ride in cow trains


Riding the ponies

One day the girls wanted to be outside but needed to do their reading. So, we laid a towel on the grass and I let Carson skip rest time and this is what I found:

It always brings joy to my heart to see them enjoying things together

Our Thankful Tree
This year I wanted to do something more with thanksgiving. A few years ago we had done a thankful chart, but with all the varying ages in our house I wanted something more hands on. I saw the idea in a pottery barn kids catalogue (they were selling a felt one) and decided we could make one out of butcher paper. I bought a bunch of fun fall paper and we spent a family night cutting out leaves. A few times a week we take some time to write things we are thankful for on leaves and put them on our tree. The kids love it and I love the reminders too! Kaylee is really cute with it as she can tell you which leaves are hers. she "writes" on them too!
We are excited about this next week off school and all of Tim's family coming to celebrate thanksgiving with us!

1 comment:

Sarah Moulton said...

I totally did a thanksgiving tree from pb magazine too! I thought it was super cut so I made a smaller one out of paper :) I love the whole concept! It's fun to follow along with you guys on here now that we don't get to see you much. Have a great thanksgiving! I am sure Nancy is excited!