Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Legalism 101

Just to clarify, this is not what we are wanting our kids to learn! Sunday on the way home from church Cait and I had the following conversation:

C: Where were the Vincents? I didn't see Drew at church
M: Miss Tammi told me that Drew had a football game today
C: He must not want to know God then!
M: Why do you say that?
C: Because church is more important than football
M: That is true but that doesn't mean he does not want to know God because he missed church one Sunday
C: Well I think he should of missed his game
M: I don't think most of his games are on Sunday. Plus, we have missed church before, it's the same thing.
C: But going to church means you love God
M: You can still love god and not go to church. It is good to go to church because we can worship God and love others there, but it does not mean that if you don't go sometimes you don't love God. Your heart is what is important
C: Oh! So Drew can still love God even though he played football!
M: Yes!!

(Julie, hope this does not make you feel bad! I thought it was hilarious and a good opportunity for Caitlin. Hope Drew had a good game)

1 comment:

Vincent Family said...

Wow! Caitlin is really hard core about attending church! I have to admit that it did feel weird not being there on Sunday for a football game, but it's the only one on Sunday this season. I will make sure I check in with Caitlin if it happens again. :)

Julie